Xavier Law Firm

Immigration- Criminal – Civil

Se Habla Espanol 


Call now for your Consultation!


If you are ready to join XLF call us now at 1-800-279-2093

Contact us

With more than 20 years of experience, Xavier Chavez has been working on immigration cases through the years and has dedicated to help you win your case. As these cases are very stressful and time consuming, we are here to help in every step to make sure that everything has been done to our fullest extent. 

Why Hire Xavier Law Firm:

Our strong dedication to help our clients

Our ability to overcome any obstacle we face

Our Services:

Through out the year, people have been seeking help or protection from the United States from fear and persecution from their own country based on Race ,Religion, Nationality, Membership in a particular social group or a Political opinion.


What are the Requirements?

1. Must show creditable fear or persecution

2. Must apply within a year of entering the Untied States

3. Will not return to the country

After qualifying for this requirements, Form I-589 an Application for Asylum and for Withholding of removal, needs to be filled out to USCIS to accept and review your application.

How can we help

Here at Xavier Law Firm has been able to help and represent a diverse set of individuals to help them with their process.

If you are eligible or think you are eligible for Asylum please contact us at 281-396-3741 or email at xavier@xavierlawfirm.com to begin your process.

There are many ways to petition for family members and with every unique way to qualify there are some requirements for each petition. 

There are three different visa types that a family member could qualify 


Each case to petition for a family member require a petitioner (A US Citizen) and a beneficiary( the person who will become a resident of the United States) to move on with the processes. To begin any process, hiring a lawyer, will need a G-28, to show representation, and allow us, here at Xavier Law Firm, work diligently on your case. The Next step is filing a I-130, a Petition for Alien Relative, allowing to show an actual evidence allowing to petition to the beneficiary. Many times along with the I-130, a separate forms must be filed to secure such as a  I-485; Application to Register Residence  &  I-864; Affidavit of Support


Green Card

Stated on the USICS it can be broken down into 5 different petitions

1. Spouse

2. Children

3. Siblings 

4. Parents*

5. Sons and Daughters*

* Please note that not everyone will be any to petition for their parents. The petitioner must be a US Citizen and over the age of 21. 


K-1 visas

A K-1 Visa is more famously known as a Fiancé(e) Visa,  which allows a U.S. Citizen to petition for their Fiancé(e) who are currently not a permanent residence of the United State. A K-1 Visa also requires that the relationship, or the initial meeting, to occur 2 years before apply for this visa. However, there are some exepctions that allow a a wavier.

USCIS Wavier


To apply for a K-1 Visa, the USCIS allows your Finance permission to enter the Untied States for 90 days. Within those 90 days, one must have to get married, or they must have to return to their country. This allows to have a certified marriage, in the United States and allows to begin the process to receive permanent residence, by filing a I-129F.

Another way to apply a K-1 Visa, is by the US Citizen, to get married in the foreign country. Again, this would allow the same step as a Green Card,  your Finance would become a residence, by filing first an I-130 then to move on to the next step of the processes. 


K-3/K-4 Visa


A K-3 and a K-4 Visa works together along with any current petition pending with a I-130 case. K-3 Visa allows the beneficiary, the spouse to enter the US, allowing them to have an opportunity to create a life, and have a job opportunity while their process is being review. 

If the beneficiary has a child, under the ages of 21, a minor, allows them to also qualify for a K-4 Visa. This also allows them to join their parents in the US, while the petition is evaluated. 

1.At least 15 years old and under 31 as of June 15, 2012

2. Continuously resided in the U.S. since June 15, 2012-present 

3. Currently in School or graduates from High School, GED or a discharged veteran

4.Have not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor or three or more other misdemeanors, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public saftey

5. Any status that was expired, or does not have any lawful status as of June 15, 2012

6. You were present in the US on June 12, 2012 and present when filing for your DACA

If these requirements are met, you are eligible for DACA and would continue to move forward with the process. 

Filing for a DACA requires documents and evidence that would support your case. Here at Xavier Law Firm can and will guide you in every step in the process, allowing you to be certain along the way. 

 A FOIA request is available to any and all individuals This request allows the government to send any information that they have gathered on a single person unless protect under the Act. FOIA helps the average citizen be able to visible see what our government is doing.  

Filing a FOIA request is simple, but if filed wrong many times, there could be complications. Here at XLF, we help represent you, our client, to receive your information correctly and in an orderly fashion.  

More Information can be found on the USCIS page, regarding FOIA



To become a United State Citizen, one must meet the requirements for each step of the process, beginning at birth or acquiring citizenship after birth through

Citizenship through parents

Citizenship through Naturalization

Are you Eligible?

1. You are at least 18 years old 

2. You are a Permanent Resident of the US and have been for 3 years or more. 

If these two requirements are not met, you are not eligible to apply for naturalization.  

What else do you need?

After meeting all requirements, the next step is to apply for a Naturalization application to complete the process, and allow time to evaluate each case on becoming a United State Citizen. 

Residence, also known as a Green Card, is one step closer on becoming a Citizen of the United States. The Green Card give permission to certain residents to live and work in the United States. To become a Permanent Resident there are multiple ways to fill for a green card. 

  1. Through Family
  2.  Through a Job
  3. Through Refugee
  4. Other way 


Many people received their Greed Card from family members. Such as an unmarried children under the age of 21, spouses, etc. To continue with the application two forms are needed to be filled out; I-130 and a I-485, allowing the USCIS to look and accept the case at hand. 


Another way to receive a Green Card is by working, whether it be from your current employer or yourself, this allows you to become one step closer to 


Residence, also known as a Green Card, is one step closer on becoming a Citizen of the United States. The Green Card give permission to certain residents to live and work in the United States. To become a Permanent Resident there are multiple ways to fill for a green card. 


Immigrant Visa

An immigrant visa, focuses with USCIS, since these types of visa are use to permanently or intend to stay in the Untied States. These type of visa are use either for a Spouse or finance, adoptions or employment sponsored

To learn more about us and to find out how we can help you and your business, please contact our offices. For an evaluation of your case, please send your contact information  or send an email to Xavier Law Firm (Xavier@xavierlawfirm.com) or send your request by fax to 281-296-3879

Texas Office

Phone: 281-296-3741

Fax: 281-296-3879


25775 Oak Ridge Dr. Ste 120

The Woodlands, TX 77380

California Office

Phone: 562-925-2921

Fax: 562-925-2821


10054 Alondra Blvd Suite 102

Bellflower, CA 90706

NOTICE OF LIABILITY: The information contained on the website of this law firm is for the sole purpose of providing general information. The information contained in this website is not intended to be a guarantee or prediction about the result of any representation made by XAVIER CHAVEZ. No testimony or approval on this website constitutes a guarantee, or is intended to be a guarantee as to the outcome of your legal matter. Results may vary depending on the specific factors or circumstances of your subject. Nothing on this or associated pages, content documents, comments, responses, emails, or any other communication should be taken as legal advice for any individual, case or situation. Receiving or viewing the information on this website does not create an attorney-client relationship with Xavier Chavez, who acts as principal adviser in the affairs of all clients of the Offices and therefore responsible for this announcement. If you would like to discuss the possibilities of your legal problem, call us at (800) 279-2093 for an appointment.